Tags archives: st

+
 

Fleetwood Church, St Peter's

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches St Peter's Church Lord Street, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 6DX 01253 876176 www.stpetersandstdavidsfleetwood.btck.co.uk Visit Date: 28 May 2017 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Canon Fr John Hall. I would also like to thank Maureen Burns for arranging the visit. History Fleetwood is a 19th-century planned town, the creation of local landowner and Preston MP, Sir Peter Hesketh-Fleetwood. In 1836, he[...]
+
 

Sacred Heart Church, Thornton-Cleveleys

Sacred Heart Church Heys Street, Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire, FY5 4HN 01253 821637 Visit Date: 1st August 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Fr P Burns. Also I would like to say thank you to Paul Desborough for arranging the visit. History The church was built at the instigation of Canon James Taylor, Rector of Lytham, in 1899 with the foundation stone being laid on the 17th April 1898. The architects were Pugin and Pugin, who had worked for the Taylor brothers at St Anne’s on Sea and would do so again later at Ansdell. A major benefactor [...]
+
 

Fleetwood Church, St Edmund's

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches St Edmunds Church St Wulstan's Presbytery, Poulton Road, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 7JY 01253 873609 www.sswulstanandedmund-fleetwood.org.uk Visit Date: 27 June 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Canon Alf Hayes. History The Diocese of Lancaster was formed from the two Dioceses of Liverpool and Hexham and Newcastle in 1925. St Wulstan's has the distinction of being the first newly set up parish[...]
+
 

Fleetwood Church, St Wulstan's

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches St Wulstan’s Church St Wulstan's Presbytery, Poulton Road, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 7JY 01253 873609 www.sswulstanandedmund-fleetwood.org.uk Visit Date: 27 June 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Canon Alf Hayes. History The Diocese of Lancaster was formed from the two Dioceses of Liverpool and Hexham and Newcastle in 1925. St Wulstan's has the distinction of being the first newly set up pari[...]
+
 

Fleetwood Church, St Mary's

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches St Mary's Church 34 Kemp Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6JX 01253 873331 www.stmarys-fleetwood.org.uk Visit Date: 11 June 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Father Michael Murphy. History St Mary's is a Roman Catholic church in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. Designed by E. W. Pugin, it was built 1867–68. It is an active church in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lancaster. It has been designated a Grad[...]
+
 

The Church of our Saviour

The Church of our Saviour Visited with: Alex & Klare Visit date: February 2015 Please Note: Entry is always through an open access point and not by forcing our way in….. We are explorers, not vandals. History The church was consecrated on the 23rd of January 1865 and held its final service in October 2007. The build cost was £8,000 for the church & the nearby school and vicarage. The church was built in the Early Pointed Gothic style with polished red granite pillars & seating was supplied for around 1,000 people. The church spire located on the north side stands at around 150 ft in h[...]
+
 

St Joseph's Seminary

Brief History of St Joseph's Seminary St Joseph's College, Upholland is a Former Roman Catholic seminary, situated at Walthew Park, Upholland, Lancashire, England. The foundation of the large building was laid in April 1880 and college was opened in 1883. The buildings have recently been deconsecrated. St Joseph's College was founded in 1880 by Bishop Bernard O'Reilly to be the Seminary serving the North West of England. The college was formally opened in 1883 and was situated in Walthew Park, Upholland, the geographic centre of the Diocese of Liverpool. The first Junior Seminary of the[...]
 
error: Content is protected !!