Tags archives: dome

+
 

Hotel des Invalides

The Hôtel des Ivalides was commissioned in 1670 by Louis XIV in order to provide accommodation and hospital care for wounded soldiers. In 1815, after Napoleon's abdication, over 5,000 survivors of the Great Army were listed there. Napoleon inspected the place and visited his men in 1808, 1813 and 1815. The chapel of the Invalides was built at the end of the 17th century by Jules-Hardouin Mansart and contains Napoleon's tomb. In 1840, during the 'Return of the Ashes', a law passed on 10th June ordered the construction of the Emperor's tomb below the dome of the Invalides. A national fune[...]
+
 

Fleetwood Church, The Mount Methodist

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches The Mount Methodist Church / Emmanuel Church Mount Church, Mount Road, Fleetwood, Lancs, FY7 6QZ 01253 770646 www.emmanuelfleetwood.org.uk Visit Date: 12 July 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Minister Steve Carling. History The Mount Road Church originally belonged to the Primitive Methodists, who sprang from the great revival in the villages of North Staffordshire at the beginning of the nin[...]
+
 

Fleetwood Church, Emmanuel Church

Project Brief: To photograph the inside of all of the churches within Fleetwood and to supply a brief history. Project Link: Fleetwood's Churches Emmanuel Church Emmanuel Building, Lofthouse Way, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 6ST 01253 770646 www.emmanuelfleetwood.org.uk Visit Date: 2 July 2015 Permission to photograph the inside of the church was kindly granted by Minister Steve Carling. History Emmanuel Church has a very exciting beginning. In 1933, some local Christians asked the evangelist Fred Squire to lead an evangelistic campaign on the other side of the River Wyre in Fleet[...]
 
error: Content is protected !!