Category archives: Urbex - Huncoat Power Station

+
 

Huncoat Power Station

Brief History of Huncoat Power Station Huncoat power station (also known as Padiham ‘B’) was built by the Lancashire Electric Power Company in the 1950’s as a sister for the power station at Padiham (Padiham ‘A’). Situated on the Burnley coalfield meant that the power station had a ready supply of local coal, and until 1968 was served by a half mile railway line to Huncoat Colliery. The Power Station had a fairly short life, closure coming in 1984. The cooling towers were brought down in 1988 and the main buildings were demolished in 1990, apart from this one building. The derelict buil[...]